What is Week of Hope?
· Week of Hope offer kids the opportunity to focus serving the needs of people through local ministries and non-profit organizations.
· uniquely designed to offer affordable 5-day youth missions that immerse students in the life-changing experience of serving.
· The projects at Week of Hope require little or no capital funds, keeping the trip costs low. And throughout the week, youth are continually serving others: both people in the local community, and one another.
· Project include: Supporting local food banks; • Playing a game with an elderly person; Helping to lead a day camp for children; Landscaping homes, non-profits, and ministries; Working with disabled children; Serving a needy resident
· In addition to serving the community, students will take turns preparing meals and cleaning the facility where they will live with other youth groups during the week.
· Programs are led by well-trained staff leaders – but students will have the opportunity to serve by leading worship music and other parts of each worship program (feel free to bring guitars, drums and their great voices!).
· Students will begin to understand what Jesus meant when He said – “I came not to be served but to serve…” Matthew 20:28.